Q. I have updated my Litetouch Keyboard drivers and software and the software no longer works. How do I fix it?
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features on Vista/W7) and uninstall any Saitek/Eclipse software and Volume trackers.
- Go to Control Panel > System > Device Manager and check Programming Support - if you have anything there uninstall it (might be nothing there, if so that's good).
- Now, you need to update all the eclipse Keyboard entries back to Microsoft standard devices. To do this, right click on the relevant Device Manager entry and select Update Driver Software. Then select Browse my computer for driver software followed by Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- In the Keyboard section: Update the eclipse litetouch Wireless Keyboard (HID) > HID Keyboard Device
- In the Human Interface Devices section: Update eclipse litetouch Wireless Keyboard (USB) > Human Interface device
- In the Human Interface Devices section: Update eclipse litetouch Wireless Keyboard (USB) > Human Interface device (if you still have 2)
- In the Human Interface Devices section: Update eclipse litetouch Wireless Hot Keys (HID) > HID - Compliant consumer control device.
- In the Human Interface Devices section: Update eclipse litetouch Wireless Keyboard Gaming Keys (HID) > HID Compliant device.
- Now download and install the driver from www.eclipsetouch.com . These are the updated digitally signed drivers for the hardware.
- Once you finish the installation, restart your machine
- Now check in device manager that you have the correct versions (right click entry and select properties), you should now only have 2 eclipse entries:
- Human Interface Devices > eclipse litetouch Wireless Keyboard Gaming Keys (HID) (driver version 18.104.22.168)
- Keyboards > eclipse litetouch Wireless Keyboard (HID) (driver version 22.214.171.124)
- Check you have Programming Support with the 4 subsections there (driver version 126.96.36.199).
- If all that is correct you will have the eclipse icon in your system tray
- The profile editor will now work as expected!!!
Q. When moving my Eclipse Keyboard to another USB port it no longer works. How can I correct this?
Sometimes Vista and W7 installs the device drivers before installing the Microsoft default ones. This can lead to the driver not installing correctly. There is a quick fix for this, just follow these steps:
Restart your machine - this forces the correct driver on to the USB port.
If you are more technical and do not want to restart your machine follow these simple steps:
- Press the windows key and in the run box type device manager and select Device Manager from the programs (if Windows needs your permission to continue then click Continue)
- In device manager left click the + sign next to the keyboard in the list
- You might see an entry called Unknown Device or an entry with a yellow '!' mark.
- Right click this Unknown Device and choose update driver software
- From the 2 options choose Browse my computer for driver software
- Then choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Then from the options highlight HID Keyboard Device and then click next
- Once the drivers have updated click Close
Now you can update the driver to the Eclipse driver:
- Right click the HID Keyboard Device and choose update driver software
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software (this may take some time depending on your internet connection), once that has updated the drivers to the Eclipse ones, you can click the Close button.
- Your keyboard should now be fixed.
Q. I have installed the Eclipse ST software over a previous installation of Saitek SST software and my profile editor will not launch? How can I fix it?
If you have a previous installation of the Saitek SST on your system, make sure it is removed via Control Panel before installing the Eclipse ST (all of your previous products will be covered by the new installation). If you have installed the Eclipse ST without removing your older installation, simply uninstall the current version from Control Panel and then reinstall the Eclipse ST. Once this has been done, the software will work fine.
Q. I have just installed the software. Why won't my assignments work?
This problem can occur on some PCs, and is related to the permissions settings on some operating systems. If you have launched the ST, immediately after installation, close and rerun the Profile Editor. Alternatively, restarting your PC will ensure the software will function correctly. Also, if you have any previous installation of the Saitek Profile Editor on your PC, make sure that this has been removed before installing your latest version.
Q.When installing the ST software on Windows XP, I receive a warning message 5 different times saying that the software installing did not pass the Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP. Should I continue installing the software each time this appears?
Yes. In order for the eclipse litetouch keyboard to function properly, you will need to click on "Continue Anyway" each time. The software will not damage your computer.
Q. When installing the ST software on Windows XP, I receive a message 3 times saying that new hardware has been found. What do I need to select when this appears?
If asked, "Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software?" select the radio button that says, "No, not this time" and click "Next". Next, select the radio button next to, "Install the software automatically (Recommended)" and click "Next". Then, click the "Finish" button on the next page. Repeat this each time the found new hardware wizard appears
Q. How do I activate a profile in the ST program, after I have created one?
Left-click on the "apply" button within the ST software or right-click on the eclipse litetouch icon in the task bar and left-click on the profile you want activated. The eclipse litetouch keyboard icon will be green when a profile is active.
Q. How can I set my profile to activate when Windows loads?
If you want your profile to automatically load when Windows does, this can easily be set via the system tray icon. Click the Eclipse icon and locate the name of your profile in the menu list. Right click the profile name and select 'set as startup profile'. Now when your PC loads, so will your profile. To clear the setting, click the Eclipse icon and select 'clear startup profile'.
How do I clear a profile once it has been activated?
Right-click on the eclipse litetouch keyboard icon in the taskbar and left-click on "Clear Profile".
Q. When I add multiple web addresses or programs to a single programmable button in the ST software, what happens when I press that button?
Each program or web address that is programmed to a single button will be launched when that button is pressed. If you were to have three web addresses assigned to one programmable button, all three websites will open once that programmable button is pressed.
Q. How do I manually add multiple URLs to the programmable Internet button?
After adding the first URL, you will need to left-click on the papers icon (to the right of the trashcan) that is labeled "Copy the current item". This will create a new icon with the same URL. Then edit the copied URL to the website you wish to link to and press enter. Repeat these steps to add more URLs.
Q. When I change Audio Devices the volume bars on the touch screen, no longer react. How can I get them to work again?
The Volume Tracker (that controls the volume display on the touch screen) can only be assigned to one audio device on your PC at a time. If you have more than one soundcard, or a USB Bluetooth speaker system, when you change audio hardware the bar will stop responding. To sync the tracker with the new audio device go to C:\Program Files\Saitek\Volume Tracker and double click the SaiVolume icon. If you regularly swap between audio hardware you can even assign the icon to one of your programmable buttons.
Q. When will I know the eclipse wireless litetouch keyboard is fully charged?
Once the battery indicator of the touch screen has three solid bars; your eclipse litetouch keyboard is fully charged.